Studying overseas can be a life-changing experience. In 2013, Deakin is introducing a new program designed to help students realise their dreams of international study.
The Global Science and Technology Program aims to recognise, reward and support high achieving students who would like to conduct part of their studies overseas to help them develop new skills and a broader worldview. Successful applicants will be offered a $3000 scholarship to assist with travel costs and will be required to participate in the Deakin Global Citizenship Program.
The program can help participants develop the skills to be successful in an increasingly global society. Benefits for participants could include:
- Gain independence, self-confidence and self-awareness, and an appreciation of other cultures
- Develop skills and capabilities, and a network of international colleagues and friends
- Develop the ability to meet challenges, problem solve and work with staff and students from diverse backgrounds
- Develop knowledge of global and cultural issues, and develop context around your chosen field of study
- Gain cultural understanding and skills that can contribute to your employability
- Build initiative, confidence and adaptability
- Build ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Develop awareness of cultural diversity and global issues relating to your vocation.
To find out more, visit Deakin University