Here are our top ten bridges and why:
10. The Rio-Antirrio Bridge, Greece
Why: Is one of the world's longest multi-span cable-stayed bridges and the longest of the fully suspended type.
9. The Lupu Bridge, Shanghai
Why: Is the world's second longest steel arch bridge and is built to withstand typhoons and earthquakes.
8. Oakland Bay Bridge, San Francisco, USA
Why: Built on the San Andreas fault, it has can withstand major earthquakes
7. Hoover Dam Bridge, between Arizona and Nevada, USA
Why: The bridge has the world’s tallest concrete arch span.
6. The Forth Bridge, Scotland
Why: Is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is an icon of the industrial revolution.
5. The Tower Bridge, UK
Why: One of the world's most iconic bridges and a symbol of London.
4. The Golden Gate Bridge, California, USA
Why: Is one of the most internationally recognized symbols of San Francisco, California, has been declared one of the Wonders of the Modern World.
3. The Harbour Bridge, Australia
Why: Is the world's longest steel arch bridge and the most famous "coathanger"
2. Øresund Bridge, between Denmark and Sweden
Why: Is a bridge that becomes a tunnel half way through to connect two countries.
1. Millau Viaduct, Souther France
Why: Is the tallest bridge in the world.