ACCESS 360° World Heritage
1. The Everglades encompasses 1.5 million acres providing important foraging and breeding habitat for more than 400 species of birds.
2. It is illegal to feed wild alligators in Florida and is punishable by a fine or even jail.
3. Rising sea levels are threatening Everglades National Park. Over the last century, sea levels around Key West have risen by 8 inches.
4. Everglades National Park contains the largest mangrove system in the Western Hemisphere.
5. Everglades is the primary source of water for more than 7 million Americans.